In episode 26, Nics Asawasudsakorn shares about launching her petite-focused brand Lovanie and what inspired her to start a slow fashion brand inspired by wanderlust.
Nics is the founder of LOVANIE, a slow fashion brand for petite women. Lovanie pieces are designed to fit women 5’4″ and under and are made locally in Seattle from eco-friendly materials.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Nics’ journey from shopping fast fashion to starting a slow fashion brand
- The accelerator program that helped Nics launch her brand
- Nic’s vision for Lovanie at the start and how it evolved
- How Nics decided on the sizing for Lovanie
- What research Nics did before designing her first collection
- How Nics built an audience and newsletter list before even launching her collection
- The ways Lovanie incorporates sustainability
- How long it took to launch Lovanie from concept to product launch
People and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Lovanie website
- Lovanie email
- Lovanie on Instagram
- Factory 45 sustainable fashion brand accelerator program
- Seattle Made manufacturing resource database
Do you want fashion business tips and resources like this sent straight to your inbox? Sign up to the How Fitting newsletter to receive daily content on creating fashion that fits your customer, lifestyle, and values.