In episode 34, Natalia Trevino Amaro shares how she’s grown her slow fashion namesake label from a side project out of her parent’s midwest home to her full-time job since graduating from FIT in 2020.
Natalia is a 22 year old fashion designer & content creator focusing on slow fashion and sustainability.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Natalia got interested in sustainable and ethical fashion
- How Natalia started her brand out of her parent’s house right after graduating in the middle of a pandemic
- Why sustainability is important to Natalia and how she incorporates that into her brand
- How Natalia gained a following on social media
- Natalia’s approach to building an online community and what that has meant for her business
- How Natalia balances content creation with designing, sewing, and running the business
- How to avoid burnout as a solo business owner who loves what they do
- What it was like showing a collection during NYFW
- What Natalia’s design process looks like
- Natalia’s tips on hiring people and what doing so has allowed her to do
- What Natalia learned about pricing and finances during her first year of business
- What is next for Natalia Trevino Amaro
People and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Natalia Trevino Amaro website
- Natalia Trevino Amaro Instagram
- Natalia Trevino Amaro LinkedIn
- Natalia Trevino Amaro YouTube
- Natalia Trevino Amaro TikTok
Do you want fashion business tips and resources like this sent straight to your inbox? Sign up to the How Fitting newsletter to receive daily content on creating fashion that fits your customer, lifestyle, and values.