In episode 42, Nazia Siddiqui of Transcend shares her vision for a new normal for the fashion industry focused on ethical, sustainable, and artisan crafted clothes that puts the people at every level of the production chain at the forefront.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How growing up in India influenced how Nazia sees fashion
- The regional differences between fashion industry skill-sets and textile arts
- The importance of long-term thinking
- How Nazia met the factories and artisans who make Transcend’s clothing
- How factories responded to Nazia’s request for pre-sale only orders
- The values that Transcend is built on and how that affects how Nazia runs her business
- How Nazia decides what things to do herself and what to hire help for in her business
- What Nazia did differently when launching her second collection and how that affected sales
- How Nazia sets sustainability goals for Transcend – and what she’s focusing on for 2022
People and resources mentioned in this episode:
Do you want fashion business tips and resources like this sent straight to your inbox? Sign up to the How Fitting newsletter to receive daily content on creating fashion that fits your customer, lifestyle, and values.