In episode 82, hear how attorney-turned-designer Sopi Mitil turned her frustration with the lack of well-fitting petite professional attire into a business: The Sopi Mitil Co. The brand offers short (but not just small) women stylish, professional attire that fits curves like a glove without a trip to the tailor.
The Sopi Mitil Co. is a fashion brand that has emerged as a beacon of empowerment and style for petite and curvy women. Founded by Sopi, a former attorney turned fashion entrepreneur, the brand was born out of her personal struggle to find stylish and professional clothing tailored to her size. Sopi’s dedication to creating a solution to this common problem has resulted in a brand that offers: inclusive sizing, personalization, fashion diversity, sustainability, luxury, empowerment, and exclusive offers. The Sopi Mitil Co. has emerged as a trailblazer in the fashion industry, addressing the long-standing issue of inclusivity for petite and curvy women. It offers a new way to embrace style and confidence, making fashion a source of empowerment for women of all sizes.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What Sopi disliked about the typical petite sizing
- Where Sopi found women to participate in her customer research surveys when she first started the brand
- The different types of petite bodies
- Why Sopi produces her pieces in Italy
- What Sopi looks for in a good factory and what things she’s learned are red flags to avoid
- How Sopi’s mindset and business growth changed when she hired a team
- The two types of people everyone needs in their support network
- Why Sopi has a scale-up plan for her business
- How Sopi incorporates customers’ and her team’s feedback into the designs
People and resources mentioned in this episode:
Do you want fashion business tips and resources like this sent straight to your inbox? Sign up to the How Fitting newsletter to receive daily content on creating fashion that fits your customer, lifestyle, and values.