In episode 30, Alexa McNeal of Cedar & Sand Swimwear (now Bold Beach Swim) shares why and how she launched a swimwear brand in October 2020 where every suit is made to adjust to your body – not the other way around.
Alexa has been designing adjustable swimwear for every body type since October 2020 when she launched her brand Cedar & Sand Swimwear.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The frustrations with swimwear that led Alexa to start her own swimwear line
- How she gauged interest in her designs and brand idea with an Instagram story
- How she found her factory
- What Alexa brought to the first meeting with her factory
- How Alexa tested the fit of her designs on multiple body types
- How Alexa launched 7 suits, landed a wholesale deal, and showed at her first trade show — all in the first year of business
- How Alex balances doing all the things as a solo-entrepreneur
- Alexa’s big goals for Cedar & Sand Swimwear
People and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Cedar & Sand Swim website
- Cedar & Sand Swim email
- Cedar & Sand Swim Instagram
- Alexa’s Instagram
- Alexa’s LinkedIn
Do you want fashion business tips and resources like this sent straight to your inbox? Sign up to the How Fitting newsletter to receive daily content on creating fashion that fits your customer, lifestyle, and values.